Order Toll Free: 877-760-9258
Constipation Remedy – How to Move Bowels the Natural Way
While constipation rem ed ies can do wonders, the best constipation rem ed y continues to be prevention. Living a healthier life by eating and doing right is a natural constipation rem ed y that will keep you away from the gastroenterologist's clinic for good. Following are some lifestyle changes and activities you can do as a form of natural constipation remedy or prevention.
· Move your body to move bowel . Aside from keeping your body healthy, exercise can be a good constipation remedy by making your organs function properly. Sedentary people are more prone to constipation that active ones. A simple morning walk or jogging exercise can go a long way both as a healthier way of life and as a constipation remedy.
· Heed the call of nature . If you find yourself fighting the urge to make a bowel movement just because you don't want to go to a public toilet or your schedule's too tight, DON'T. The best time to move bowels is when your natural urge is there.
· Take your time . Patience can be a constipation remedy if you take into account the fact that moving bowels takes time. If you're trying to move your bowels in a rush, you may not be able to move at all, so relax and be patient .
· Toilet-train yourself . Children are not the only ones who need potty-training. You can train yourself by choosing a specific time and retiring to the bathroom whether you have the urge to move or not. Soon, your body will recognize the routine as the time when it has to move bowels and moving will become a regular thing.
· Drink up . Water is essential for your organs and that includes your intestines. If your intestines contain sufficient amounts of water, your stool tend to be softer making it easier to move. However, many people fail to see water as a natural constipation rem ed y and tend to limit the amount of water they drink to 8 glasses or less in a day. Though many dieticians advise you to drink at least 8 glasses a day, our modern diet of high-sodium, high-fat, and high-cholesterol calls for more than 8 glasses.
· Dear diary . If you're suffering from constipation frequently, keeping a food diary can be a good way to keep track of the kinds of food you're consuming. This way, you can check the food you ate the other day if you're suffering from constipation today.
When A Natural Constipation Remedy No Longer Works
Constipation happens to everyone and for several reasons – stress, sedentary lifestyle, or unhealthy diet. There are cases however, when natural constipation remedies no longer work and constipation is caused by a more serious ailment and can be a symptom of the disease.
If changes in your lifestyle and diet fail to produce desirable results and your constipation persists and/or becomes severe, you should consult your health care professional for a better diagnosis of your case.