Order Toll Free: 877-760-9258
Constipation Remedy Foods You'll Want to Eat!
The problem with many a constipation remedy is that it involves foods you don't really like to eat. How can you keep at it when you can't stand the food you're eating? So here are some delicious options to choose from for a constipation remedy for your diet.
Constipation Remedy 7 Fun Fiber Foods!
Now we all know that fruits, leafy greens, and whole-wheat foods are great fiber sources. But eating lots of healthy food can become monotonous.
Here's a rundown of seven of the more fun health foods that are also rich fiber sources.
- Bananas 3 grams for a medium sized 8-inch banana
- Fruit typically 4 grams for a medium sized fruit
- Potatoes 4 or 5 grams for a baked, medium sized Idaho/sweet potato
- Whole-wheat, seven-grain, pumpernickel 4 to 7 grams per 2 slices
- Sweet corn 5 grams for a single cob!
- Berries 4 to 5 grams for a half cup (the lesser the seeds, the better)
- Dried figs a whopping 10 grams for just 3 figs!
A note about berries: Despite its reputation as a diarrhea remedy, blueberries actually act as laxatives in some people. Its use to treat diarrhea has to do with the presence of chemicals, called anthocyanosides , which kill viruses and bacteria.
Constipation Remedy Don't Forget Stool Softeners!
Fiber takes care of the bulk. But if your problem is hard stool, here are some natural constipation remedy options that are much better than taking mineral oil or laxatives!
- Applesauce one of the yummiest health foods around!
- Oatmeal great for lowering cholesterol too!
- Dried beans at a hefty 6 to 10 grams per half-cup it can also hit as much as half your daily fiber target (20-35 grams); choose from black beans, kidney beans, pintos, white beans, etc.
Constipation Remedy Yummy Barley and Flax-meal!
Barley is one of the best if not THE best constipation remedy around! It doesn't only help maintain regular bowel movement it also keeps your heart healthy! Use barley flour or grits. Or you can add barley grain to your stew or veggie soup to make it thicker and more delicious!
Another constipation remedy you can add to your daily recipes is flax-meal. You can buy it ground or as seeds that you can grind at home. Either way, flax-meal is great for stirring or sprinkling onto your favorite recipes. It not only adds a rich taste and flavor, it also gives you a terrific source of Omega-3 fatty acids!