At-Home Constipation Remedies that Really Work!
Constipation can be a difficult and restless experience for all. Sure, you did everything that your doctor, friends and family suggested to prevent it but you still developed the annoying condition so what constipation remedies should you try?
Not only is constipation irritating and exhausting, it is also frustrating to find a cure for it since what worked on your grandma might not work for you. Add to that the aversion of most people to take over the counter constipation relievers.
Most people feel that over the counter meds are addicting and foreign to their bodies, so they opt for natural remedies. If you are one these people, knowing some natural home remedies will help you in your ultimate battle against constipation.
Constipation Remedies –DIY Solutions
A diet rich in high fiber will mostly do the trick but you can also focus exclusively on one high fiber food that will perform the same. Foods rich in fiber act as stimulants for your bowels to move easily through your small and large intestines, it then makes it easier for you to eliminate the waste without straining your bowel passageways.
Here are some home constipation remedies that work. Some may be familiar to you but some may not be…
· Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, brussel sprouts and asparagus alleviate constipation whether in soups or by themselves.
· Whole grains, beans, corn and bran cereals also do the trick. For breads, always go with the whole grain since the flour for white bread is already grinded thus losing the natural fibers.
· Fruits like pears, papayas, figs, prunes and citrus fruits are also high in fiber. Avoid dried fruits though, since the drying process already destroyed the natural fibers in them.
· Fresh ginger teas are excellent for stimulating bowel movement. Fresh aloe vera teas are also a good bet.
· Lemon juice mixed with warm water when taken thrice a day after meals will ease constipation.
· Drink a liter of warm water after waking up in the morning and then walk around for a few minutes.
· Drink warm milk before breakfast.
· Consider using spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric powder and fennel. These spices are known to make food easier to digest.
· Drink half a cup of apple cider vinegar before going to bed.
· Finely grind two parts of psyllium seeds with a part of oat bran and flax each and then mix with a small amount of water. Drink it before going to sleep.
For those who occasionally have constipation, the above constipation rem ed ies will do. (For those who ne ed a little extra help right away, PoopDoc makes constipation relief product that is all natural and very effective). Make sure to add ample amount of exercise, sufficient water intake and enough sleep to the home remedies above. You might just live a constipation-free life.